Monday, March 14, 2011

I think I am starting to act my age.........crap

 Have you ever said something and as soon as it left your mouth you wished you could snatch it back and swallow it? I have this problem occasionally all the time, except the contents of said remarks are beginning to morph into something wholly different. It is no longer(mostly) that I somehow broke the filter in my brain and pretty much just say.........anything. I have been told I am the bluntest person people have ever met, I have never understood why people feel the need to lie and be deceitful, a world without that kind of stuff seems like it would go so much smoother. Wouldn't it be nice if you just knew where you stood in a situation? Anyway, before I stray completely off my original topic, I will get back to it. I have started to think and even say things that completely shock me. I should say I think there is a definite difference between growing up, and actually being a grown-up. I can't be sure but I think becoming a mom has caused my brain to make that change. I see kids out and about and seriously what the hell is going on with this generation of teens. Where before I really wouldn't have paid much attention to it, now I notice everything. The way they dress, the way they act, their atrocious manners. Who is it that is telling today's youth that being impolite is the cool thing to do?

The dress code of today's teen is so far beyond me I don't even know where to start. When did guys start thinking that the "painted on jeans" look was hot, it's so not. Half of these guys look like they are going to have to cut them off because I can't imagine how their feet are going to fit back through those tiny holes. To be clear, I don't like skinny jeans period, on girls or guys, I think they are hideous. I am from the boot cut, flair leg generation, and do you know that finding jeans these days that you don't have to paint on is next to flipping impossible!! I won't even get into some of the "tops" and "dresses" you see on girls today, if you can consider a scrap of fabric a top. I can tell you what Chicka will not be wearing when she gets older. If she wants to make the decision to wear whatever you would call that type of clothing when she is older(and by older I mean 18 or hopefully never) then fine, but there isn't a snowballs chance you will ever see my 12 year old walking around with her behind or other parts of her body hanging out. It's just not happening. I am a firm believer in if you want respect, you have to respect yourself. I want her to believe in herself and know that she is amazing without doing all of that "look at me, I need attention" crap.

I actually think it is kind of funny, how different my way of thinking is now.  Everything that happens, before I make any decision, my first thought is about how it will affect my chickadee. How I would feel if she acted a certain way. Being a parent is an amazingly wonderful experience, and as much as I teach and mold her, she is doing the same for me. I am a better person, for me and for her. So I have grown up, and not just in the getting older sense, my thoughts and actions have matured, and though I thought I would be a kid forever(who doesn't), I'm ok with where I'm at and who I am turning out to be. :-) 



Chasing Serenity Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love the opportunity to get to know my readers, always looking for new blogs to stalk too! ;-) Leave a comment,or send me an email at angelisse80@yahoo.com and tell me what you think Be sure and leave a link to your site as well so I can come and return the favor!! Happy reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...