Sunday, June 6, 2010

The mornings update. The tornado sirens went off a total of four times last night. After the second time baby girl and I just camped out in the basement until the storm passed. Was there a tornado, of course not. I know it is better to have been down there and there not be one than have been up here and gotten swept away, but I have to tell you, we got zero sleep last night. When the big wall of REALLY funky weather finally passed we still had some pretty serious thunder storms to contend with, 80 mile an hour winds. So even though we were upstairs and back in our beds, baby girl couldn't sleep. 3AM rolled around and my eyeballs were starting to feel like somebody kicked a whole sandcastle into them. I held her and paced back and forth in her room for about 2 hours with her soothing music playing in the background. She is a tricky one, she would fall off to sleep, but as soon as I put her down her eyes would pop open and the wails would begin again. 5AM comes and I am officially about to fall asleep where I am standing, I figured if I had to hold her while she slept I could at least be comfortable. So I take her into my room, and figure I would set her on my bed for just a second while I got the pillows and stuff situated. No bull, the second I set her on my bed she wiggles around, rolls on her side, makes the little nursing sounds she makes, and was OUT. Now if, like I was, you are wondering why I didn't just go lay her on my bed 4 hours ago. I was exhausted, don't judge me!! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, I am going to try to catch some ZZzzzz's while baby girl is napping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love the opportunity to get to know my readers, always looking for new blogs to stalk too! ;-) Leave a comment,or send me an email at angelisse80@yahoo.com and tell me what you think Be sure and leave a link to your site as well so I can come and return the favor!! Happy reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...