Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Random tidbit

So I have been doing a lot of thinking lately, I really want my daughter to know about as many different cultures as I can teach her about. I learned so much growing up in other countries, and I think it has helped me grow into an very easy going, non-judgmental person . Being exposed to so many different cultures and so many different people was amazing, and I want that for Baby Girl. So I have been reading up on different festivals and holidays, I am so excited. It is going to be so much fun to celebrate all of these different holidays, and read why they are considered holidays.  I think it is going to be so cool. I will try to post pictures of the foods we make in honor of these holidays and festivals. I am particularly excited about the Chinese holidays, such as the Moon Festival in august. There is so much history and culture behind their holidays. So I imagine for the next several years I will be doing it alone as baby girl isn't quite to the help mommy cook stage, but it's still going to be fun! :-D Hope you are all having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful idea. I too do many of the same things. When she is older and able to eat solid foods, you could also introduce a different culture's food each night to help teach her about others. I do that with my boys. One day would be Indian foods, one day Chinese, one day Mexican etc. and then we discuss a little about the culture and such.

    Following you from MBC.

    Kathleen
    http://www.lifewith4boys.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

I love the opportunity to get to know my readers, always looking for new blogs to stalk too! ;-) Leave a comment,or send me an email at angelisse80@yahoo.com and tell me what you think Be sure and leave a link to your site as well so I can come and return the favor!! Happy reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...